Our cattle feeding operation is ISO 22000 accredited, ensuring that our cattle are treated humanely and mitigating the risks associated with the feeding and medicating of animals. At the core of this accreditation is our world-class Electronic Identification System (EID), which records every detail during the life cycle of every animal, facilitating the traceability of the meat from farm to consumer.
Our beef processing facility in Welkom is FSSC 22000 accredited and subjected to stringent health and safety measures. Achieving this accreditation, which is fully recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative, demonstrates Sparta’s commitment to ensuring world-class health and safety standards. Traceability through our EID system continues throughout our vertically integrated operation up to the deboned packaged product.
The Sparta beef plant is certified Halaal by the South African National Halaal Authority (SANHA) and the National Independent Halaal Trust (NIHT).
Our beef plant is approved by the South African Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) for exporting meat and meat products (Export Number ZA 91).
- The Sparta Angus beef protocol is registered with the South African Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF)
- Only carcasses achieving a favourable marbling score are used
- A world-class Electronic Identification System (EID) is used for the management and traceability of cattle, from farm to consumer
- Our value-add and retail pack facilities are Halaal certified by NIHT
- Our plant is approved for meat export (Export Number ZA 91)
- Our cattle feeding operation is ISO 22000 accredited
- Our beef processing facility is FSSC 22000 accredited
- Sparta’s abattoir, wholesale and deboning plant is Halaal certified by SANHA